lundi 30 avril 2012

Book Review: Ada's Daughter

Pain, Exorcism, Molestation, Rape………….. 

Ada's Daughter: an intriguing and heart wrenching story that tells you the true meaning of the word survival.
Ada’s Daughter recounts the life of Nigerian-born Jacqueline Maduneme, who endured and overcame physical and emotional pain and suffering that most would find impossible to process. Jacqueline’s intense account takes us from early age of pain, suffering, rape, molestation by her own father. A gifted storyteller, Jacqueline weaves a spellbinding tale of a journey that is often terrifying, but ultimately redemptive and emancipating.

An incredible read. Please continue...

 
From an exorcism in a Nigerian graveyard to luxury hotels in Europe, Ada’s Daughter presents scenes of shocking abuse and cruelty interspersed with the foibles of a colorful cast of characters and moments of great joy. An account of how one woman transcended her abusive past and self-destructive behavior to find success in her business and personal life, Ada’s Daughter is also a story about a mother and a daughter, a family, and a culture that has been shrouded in mystery to most of us in the Western world.
Ada’s Daughter is a mesmerizing journey to the heart of what survival means, and creates a new dimension and understanding of what the human spirit can endure and what the soul deeply desires. Jacqueline Maduneme’s story will amaze and inspire any reader. Her victory is one that you will want to celebrate with her and share with others.
Now based in United States of America the author Jacqueline Maduneme is a successful CPA, tax lawyer and entrepreneur
For More information please follow Ada’s daughter on Facebook
To order Call: 08068061645
Excerpts
Chapter 5:       A PLACE OF WRATH AND TEARS

Bejide filled a bucket with water and grabbed soap and a sponge as I followed her into the bathroom. She removed my clothes and began soaping my hair first, and then scooping water with cup, she washed the soap off my head. She then washed my faced and upper body and proceeded to my lower body, where she washed my legs and buttocks, lingering as she sponged my inner thigh with soap.
Then I felt it- she had put her finger inside me. I stiffened and pulled away. “What are you doing?” I asked, I almost in a whisper. I was shocked and confused.
“Lie down,” she commanded, gesturing toward the floor. Her voice was husky and urgent and the look in her eyes had changed. She looked like she would hurt me if I didn’t do as she asked.
“Why? I don’t want to lie on the floor!” I cried. I was mortified. Even though the bathroom was clean- after all, we’d just cleaned it- it was still a public bathroom and in my mind would never be clean.
“Lie on the floor now,” Bejide said. This time she was not asking. She grabbed my shoulders and pushed me down so I was lying on my back on the floor, and then dropped o her knees. I screamed. She put her hand over my mouth and loomed over me.


Available at the following bookstores Nationwide:
Hub media book store
The palms shopping mall lekki, Lagos Nigeria
Terra culture
 Plot 1376, Tiamiyu Savage,Off Ahmadu Bello Way,
Victoria Island, Lagos
Debonair bookshop
 294, Herbert Macaulay Way, Sabo, Yaba Lagos,
Life style book shop
Silverbird galleria Ceddi Plaza, Plot 264, Tafawa Balewa Way, Central Business District, Abuja, Abuja, Abuja Capital Territory,
Chris Nolly Bookstores
Transcorp Hilton, Abuja

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire