dimanche 6 février 2011

Is he being heartless?

Another email. This one is kinda different. It was a long mail and I shortened it. But y'all will still get the gist. Read below...

A cultist relation of mine was recently butchered almost to death by a rival cultist group. I heard it was in retaliation to a hit carried out by my relation and his gang which left someone dead. My relation now needs almost a quarter of a million Naira for surgery and as bread winner of my family, I'm expected to foot the bill. I can afford to but I've vowed not to.


You see, this cultist relation of mine was shot at two years. I paid a lot for his treatment.
Last year he was knifed at school and almost bled to death. Again, I paid for his treatment.

I begged him to leave cultism alone and change his ways. And I remember telling him that if he ever got hurt again  because of cult activities that I will never help again. He promised to quit. He didn't.

Last week, I was told he had been attacked by a group of boys with cutlass and bottles. They were out to kill him but he managed to survive, barely. You would throw up if you saw what these guys did to him. Some parts of his body are missing.

I have since switched off my phones. I've deleted my facebook account and I've told my gate man not to allow any relation past my gate. I'm not spending another dime of my hard-earned money on a cultist who's refused to change.

Am I being heartless Linda?
Osas

Wow, tough question. Well, it depends on how related this relation is to me. If he is a younger brother, same parents, I would never turn my back on him...no matter what. But if he is a cousin, nephew or a distant relation...I could be tempted to, giving the circumstances.

But I would sincerely say be the bigger person and help him...maybe for a final time...and see if you can get him help after he leaves the hospital. He needs to be reformed. This is probably not the time to turn your back on him, even though I understand why you would.

Alright, let's see what others think. Please share your thoughts on this...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire