vendredi 17 septembre 2010

Someone wants to know what you think...


















Hey everyone, this is my scenario;

There are two of my schoolmates (couple) who just moved into our (school) residential estate. The guy beats the girl constantly, and i have personally heard it at least twice, but our neighbors (who live closer to them, and don't attend our school) say the chilling screams and cries from the girl keeps them awake sometimes.


In the first occasion i witnessed, i heard her SCREAMING for help! At first, i thought they were getting attacked, and i was about to call for help, then i saw him come out of the house swearing at her and throwing curse, derogatory words at her. I was shocked and didn't know what to do. I wanted to do something, but i didn't, and to be candid (and i know it sounds so unbelievable), but calling the police did not cross my mind at that point...i was too shocked to even think!

This guy is well known in school for having the shortest fuse ever, and for verbally abusing the girl in public. Recently it has gotten worse...almost every night(according to their neighbors). Funny thing is that their "friends" live in the estate too, frequent their place and hang out with them all the time, so i am sure they are aware of this...but they cover it up and keep laughing with this guy, indirectly condoning his actions. The most recent screams i heard was so bad that i couldn't take it, and i had to report to an authoritative figure in school that day for them to get her some help. Now i am being castigated for it.

Even my roommate whom herself suggested for us to report to a school authority and encouraged me to do so when i suggested whom to tell, is now backpedaling on me, claiming that she just wants "an amicable, peaceful relationship" in the estate. *smh*--> Learned my lesson there. Pressure indeed reveals true character huh? You won't believe how people(some students) who have blood running through their veins are treating this matter. Basically, instead of putting the blame where it should be, and showing this guy how wrong he is, i am getting the heat instead for trying to help a fellow human being. People are more concerned about "who told" than "what was told", and of course the girl is sticking up for him big time, claiming they were just arguing, meanwhile she comes to school caked up with bruises sometimes showing thru and always excessively covered up in layers.

The authority i told didn't tell them i did, but they went asking neighbors, and when the girl asked me, i couldn't deny it. I told her i did. She said its not my business, that what happens between couples should stay between them and that i am making her man look bad etc. She even went on to put the blame on herself! She didn't admit to the physical abuses, neither did she deny them. I am not mad at her tho because i know she's in denial, and is going through phases of an abuse; all i can do is pray for her, her well-being and that someday she will see her worth and leave! She told me that she is worried about him getting kicked out of school, or blacklisted by profs, and asked me to go back and tell the authority that what i said was a lie.

For some reason, more than i am with the coward that beats her, I am more outraged with their so called friends who i am so so sure know of this, and still keep quiet about it, and are even giving me stares and making snide remarks about me.

What are your thoughts on my action? And what would you have done if you were in my shoes?

Thanks for your inputs!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire