mardi 26 avril 2011

Off To Swagger Island

Swagger Island where I am currently
Hey guys, I am so sorry. They took me away to this island in the outskirts of Lagos where I can barely receive or make calls much less use my internet. I actually went with my laptop hoping to be able to blog but this place...oh dear...you only come here if you want to get away from the world. And you can only get here via helicopter or boat...it’s totally away from civilisation.... but that’s where  the reality show ‘Who’s Got Swag’ is being shot and as a judge I’m supposed to be here for 12 days but that’s not going to happen. I’m leaving tomorrow to be able to blog and do some other thingsss...:-)

I will make it up to you guys tomorrow, I promise.

Absolutely not a good story to tell, but it happened, so here goes. A white man was killed by a Nigerian guy in a hotel in Festac town last week. It was the white guy’s first time in Nigeria and the Nigerian guy was supposed to be his guide. The Nigerian dude had taken him around town for several days, but as the white man prepared to check out of his hotel, the Nigerian guide slashed his throat...just ‘cos he wanted to steal from him. It was the hotel staff that apprehended him as he made to leave with the white guy's belongings. We were at the hotel some days ago...horrible story/sight. I even have a picture but let's move on...

Not a good image for us...but that’s typically not who we are...so please foreigners, feel free to come here anytime. We are good people...:-)

I’ve been trying to send this message out to you guys since morning...I accomplished it thirteen hours later...dear Lord, I can’t wait to leave this place. Alright, let me go do my job...catch you guys tomorrow. Kisses.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire